Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Seashell Mirror

I have been working on redecorating my daughter's room for the past month. We do a little here, paint a little there when we have the time so slowly but surely we are making progress. I'll post pictures when it's all put together.


I had purchased a black scroll mirror from IKEA about a year ago, thinking I would hang it up in my daughter's room. But when we painted her room in ivory/aqua it just didn't work anymore. Spray paint to the rescue!!! I spray painted the frame in a silver metallic which totally changed the look...in a good way! My daughter came up with the idea of adding the seashells. We rummaged through the bags of seashells that the kids have collected over the past three years from our Outer Banks beach vacations and found our favorites.


Every time she looks at herself in the mirror she is framed out with shells that she personally hunted for on the beach. I love the personal touch!

No comments: