Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Birthday Wreath

Tomorrow my son, Nick, will celebrate his "Double Digit" birthday! I can't believe I just wrote that. 10 years old....already! He's gone from this.....


 To this....


We are so thankful that God blessed us with such a fabulous son! We love you!

Now on to the Birthday Wreath...I decided to make a Birthday Wreath that I can hang on the bedroom door of whoever is celebrating their special day. Nick gets to take it for a test run.


I combined my three favorite wreath elements...fabric, balloons, ribbon. I started with a straw wreath, first adding a pipe cleaner hanger. I used fabric squares in shades of red, yellow, blue. I poked them into the wreath with a small Phillips screwdriver. You could add a dot of hot glue to the tip before poking it in for added holding power. I then added the balloons (from the Dollar Store!) using floral pins. I finished by filling in the gaps with various shades of colorful ribbon, also attaching those with floral pins. The embellishment at the bottom of the wreath is a birthday table decoration from the Dollar Store. I cut it into pieces and hot glued it on to the wreath. The metallic party horns were also a birthday find from the Dollar Store. I covered up the hot glue with a fabric flower. The flower center is a Nerf disc that happened to be laying around. I love the limey green against the red!


Balloons, fabric squares, ribbon strips

So colorful!!!

There are several tuturials online on how to do fabric wreaths, balloon wreaths and ribbon wreaths which is why I didn't go into too much detail. 

No comments: